FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   RegistrerenRegistreren 

Catain,mid and f/o kit panel

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Captains Panel
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
mustaphalaidouci

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Dec 01, 2009 12:03 pm    Onderwerp: Catain,mid and f/o kit panel Reageren met citaat

Hello,
can someone give me a full explanation how the Captain ,mid and f/o kit panel works,does it come with 3 USB's to plug in to computers to play it and then all the instruments come to life,is it comaptible with Fsx? how many computers do I need to run it? and where the computers go once it is build.can I get I a manual to help me out building it and set it properly.
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Dec 01, 2009 12:52 pm    Onderwerp: Re: Catain,mid and f/o kit panel Reageren met citaat

mustaphalaidouci schreef:
Hello,
can someone give me a full explanation how the Captain ,mid and f/o kit panel works,does it come with 3 USB's to plug in to computers to play it and then all the instruments come to life

The kits as you see in the shop now now are without screens and electronics. I'm sure you can imagine that is impossible at this price.

We will be officially announcing plug and play units based on our new ICS system shortly, ofcourse with a different price tag.
These units will be fully plug and play with only one usb for captain, center and first officer and ofcourse the video inputs for the lcd's.

More information on the new ICS system here:

http://www.flyengravity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746

Citaat:
,is it comaptible with Fsx?

Although ICS and our MIP737 board are compatible with FSX, FSX lacks alot of the functionality for a realistic sim.

We would advise to use additional glass cockpit software for all logics.

Currently we support Project Magenta and Flightdecksoftware.

For a budget sim you could use the PMDG737 (but only available for FS9) in combination with the driver from flightsimlabs that supports our hardware.

Citaat:
how many computers do I need to run it?

Depends on computer power. Our demo sim only uses 2 computers. One for FS and one for the glass cockpit and logics.

Citaat:
and where the computers go once it is build.

Whereever you want them.

Citaat:
can I get I a manual to help me out building it and set it properly.

Manuals for the individual kits can be found in our downloadsection.
Manuals for the mcp and mip737 board can be found on the cpflight website.

There is no 'general' manual for flightdeckbuilding. Its a matter of reading reading reading.
Some basic knowledge of electronics is assumed.

Alternatively you could consider one of our ICS based plug and play 'turn key' solutions.

Stef
mustaphalaidouci

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Dec 01, 2009 2:03 pm    Onderwerp: Captain,mid and F/O kit panel Reageren met citaat

Thank you for your reply,if I had to order the captain,mid and f/o kit panel where do I have to go for the ICS plug and play with 1 USB? from your reply all I need is the software that you support (project magenta) ,when will it be availabale?, so if I buy the kit right now as it is advertised ,it need to be wired and interfaced is that right? ,as for the Fsx ,I will be able to run it to a realistic Sim with project magenta software with powerfull computers,would you be able to advise on the make and specification of computers and where is the best place to buy them.I would like to start my project of buying the Captain,mid,and f/o kit panel with the right computers how would you advise me to do it?

Thank you.
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Dec 01, 2009 2:57 pm    Onderwerp: Re: Captain,mid and F/O kit panel Reageren met citaat

Thank you for your reply,if I had to order the captain,mid and f/o kit panel where do I have to go for the ICS plug and play with 1 USB?

ICS is ONLY available for prebuild units (plug and play).

If you want to build yourself you will need to add the MIP737 interface (or any interface of your choice), switches, rotaries, knobs, screens, wire, etc yourself.

Citaat:
from your reply all I need is the software that you support (project magenta) ,when will it be availabale?,

In case of the plug and play (ICS) units you will only need software and computers.

In case you build yourself you will need the above.

ICS is available now. We are only working on the price setting right now, but units are in stock.

Citaat:
so if I buy the kit right now as it is advertised ,it need to be wired and interfaced is that right?

Thats correct. Interface, switches, wire, etc need to be purchased seperately.

Citaat:
,as for the Fsx ,I will be able to run it to a realistic Sim with project magenta software with powerfull computers,would you be able to advise on the make and specification of computers and where is the best place to buy them.

no problem, we can do that.

Citaat:
I would like to start my project of buying the Captain,mid,and f/o kit panel with the right computers how would you advise me to do it?

I would advise to wait for the price for ics first. Price difference between ICS and buying everything seperately yourself is not that big. If you decide its worth the price difference, you would be ready with a plug and play unit.

If you decide you want to interface yourself my advise would be:

1. captains + center (+ f/o if you want a 2 seat solution)
2. mcp and efis ( so that you can fly from day one on your fs computer)
3. MIP737 board and switches, knobs , etc (i would order the switch packs together with the mip kits), and slowly wire all switches and annunciators. This will take some time and meanwhile you are still able to fly with the mcp/efis.
4. cdu's
5. controls (if you dont allready have them)
6. pedestal with radios
7. overhead.

Source computers locally. The fastest possible for FSX, you can use cheaper standard pc's for pm.

Our demo setup has the entire PM suite on a Q6600. But many other users have PM networked over several low spec pc's.

Same route for flightdecksoftware.

Stef
mustaphalaidouci

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Dec 02, 2009 1:31 pm    Onderwerp: 737 NG Kit panel Reageren met citaat

thank you for your reply,please what is ICS? at a later stage I want to buy the Alumunium stand and CDU bay with the FMC's,I can't see the stand on the site with the price,I have looked at the site and what I can't understand is, it does say for the captain,mid and f/o kit panel ready to use plug and play,does it mean that all I need is the project magenta software to make it work?also how many LCD's I need for the full view,and the sizes or is it better with the projector? if it comes with 1 USB,all I need is to to plug it in,in 1 computer not 2 plus the project magenta software,to run it,the second computer is for something else.I want to place the order,want to be sure about it,basically want I want is,straightforward kit panel just adding the project magenta and the computer and here you go.

Thank you.
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Dec 02, 2009 4:32 pm    Onderwerp: Re: 737 NG Kit panel Reageren met citaat

thank you for your reply,please what is ICS?

In my first reply to you i posted a link to a forum topic about ICS:

http://www.flyengravity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746

ICS is our new plug and play interface system that will only be available in completely build desktop and PRO systems.

ICS minimizes the need to interface, wire, program, etc. because this is all done on the PCB/Firmware.

Citaat:
at a later stage I want to buy the Alumunium stand and CDU bay with the FMC's,I can't see the stand on the site with the price,

The captains, center and first officers kits you are referring to are DESKTOP kits. As such we do not offer a cdu bay for them.

If you want a full setup with stand and CDU bay i would advise you to look at our PRO systems. Information on the PRO systems can be found here:
http://www.flyengravity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=280

The PRO setups are not in the webshop, but you can mail us for a quote or for a brochure for the PRO parts in case you want to build yourself.

Citaat:
I have looked at the site and what I can't understand is, it does say for the captain,mid and f/o kit panel ready to use plug and play,does it mean that all I need is the project magenta software to make it work?

Where have you seen the statement that the desktop kits are plug and play ? I just checked the descriptions for those kits in the shop and nowhere these are referred to as plug and play.

The desktop kits as in the shop now are kits and need to be assembled.

The ICS trainers will be plug and play, but are not yet in the webshop.

you can mail us if you want more information/a quote for these.

Citaat:
also how many LCD's I need for the full view,and the sizes or is it better with the projector?

We advise projectors.

Citaat:
if it comes with 1 USB,all I need is to to plug it in,in 1 computer not 2 plus the project magenta software,to run it,the second computer is for something else.

In case of the ICS system, the usb lead would be plugged into the computer that is running Project Magenta MCP, as our MCP is the master module for all other modules of the MIP.

Citaat:
I want to place the order,want to be sure about it,basically want I want is,straightforward kit panel just adding the project magenta and the computer and here you go.

Building a home sim < especially if you want to build a kit> is never a matter of "here you go" .
Basic knowledge of interfacing and electronics and some DIY skill are presumed !

For a plug and play system (so NOT a kit) i would advise you to go for a pre build ICS system.

Stef
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Captains Panel Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: