FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   RegistrerenRegistreren 

Monitor size performance line pro

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Captains Panel
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
saturn

BerichtGeplaatst: Za Apr 10, 2010 4:03 pm    Onderwerp: Monitor size performance line pro Reageren met citaat

Hi all,
Just about to fit the monitors to my performance line pro panel that I have assembled. I bought two 19" wide acer screens and have taken the borders off them. From what I've read 19" wide is what I need.

Problem is that I've just realised with the rotary and toggle switches in place, the screen is too tall. I don't want to set the screen to far aft as it will look odd. Is there any other solution I can use?? Confused

Thanks in advance
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Za Apr 10, 2010 4:29 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Lower the screen into your stand.

In our aluminium stand, we have cutouts for the screens to somewhat lower them. In this case the upper border of the tft is level with the upper border of the pfd/nd bezel and does not block any annunciators/rotaries.

Due to the 737 layout it is impossible to mount a 19 inch screen flush with the bezel. There is always a small gap (shouldnt be more than 1 cm). On our pre build setups of the pro we use a foam passepartout to close this gap and prevent light bleeding from pfd to nd).

stef
saturn

BerichtGeplaatst: Zo Apr 11, 2010 12:22 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Aah ok.
Thanks that makes more sense then. I will make a slot in the base of mine to drop it into.

One other quick question: The boeing style knobs are very loose on the rotary switches. Are they meant to be glued on? I didn't really want to glue them if I could help it, as it means the switch can't be removed without then breaking the know off.

Thanks again for your help.
really appreciate it.
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Zo Apr 11, 2010 8:55 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

dont glue them.

Drill them, tap a thread in the hole and use a grub screw.
saturn

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Apr 12, 2010 6:18 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Ah ok. Perfect, that will be much better.

Thanks for your help.
Terug naar boven
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Captains Panel Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: