FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   RegistrerenRegistreren 

BSOD with MCP Pro

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Center Panel
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
my737sim

us.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Dec 01, 2010 7:02 am    Onderwerp: BSOD with MCP Pro Reageren met citaat

Just got my MCP and 2 EFIS' in the mail.

Every time the MCP is plugged in to USB my FSX PC Blue Screen's instantly. This happens on bootup as well.

It's running 1.06 firmware. The FSX PC is a Dell 730x running Vista 64bit Ultimate.

The BSOD is a 0x0000007E Stop error.

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80003EAB024, 0xFFFFFA6001DAE948,0 (FFFFFA6001DAE320)

Does the MCP and two EFIS's HAVE to be plugged into the PC with FSX? Or can it work through a TCP network? (IE on a diff pc and still work?)

I'm researching the stop error now on the net, but I'd appreciate any input as well.

Thanks!

Best,

Matt
my737sim

us.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Dec 01, 2010 7:34 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Also, I tried running the MCP Pro with USB directly to the computer and still got the same result. So it's not a hub issue.

Funny enough, I booted up once and did NOT BSOD. I thought, hmm. Why did it boot this time? I then realized that the POWER was NOT on to the MCP Pro.

So I shut down, turned on the power to the MCP Pro, rebooted and then again got the blue screen of death crash.

Matt
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
my737sim

us.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Dec 01, 2010 8:58 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Third update.

I connected the mcp/efis to my 2nd pc, which runs sima server/overhead panel. Its working there with sima mcp.exe.

I get some odd issues like A/T on the cpflight mcp arms ok, and I see a/t arm on the sima mcp.exe yet, I get nothing, even with AP engaged. I can still move my throttle and change speed. I tried hitting speed but nothing. heading works ok, alt was a little odd.

Also some of the functions in the efis don't work. But I think that's a sima question, or something needs to be setup on the sima server for fsuipc maybe. I've asked on the sima forums.

So, the mcp/efis hardware looks like it's working if connected to the 2nd pc. And that is fine. Not sure why it BSOD's my Dell.

Best,

Matt
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Dec 01, 2010 12:42 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Hi Matt,

Was no driver file or other file mentioned with the stop error code ?

Usually this error is driver related.

Have you downloaded the most recent drivers from the cpflight website ?

Is the mcp connected to the computer where the driver is installed and/or where fsx is running ?

When installing the driver, cpflight also installs a test program for the mcp and efis (and other modules).

Can you run that program without BSD ?
does it find the mcp and efis and do they work correctly ?

Stef
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
my737sim

us.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Dec 01, 2010 4:24 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

No way to test a driver, software or anything as it BSOD's at vista login. Or if you plug it in after boot it BSODs the second you plug it in.

Paolo seems to think it's a graphics card issue and by lowering the performance of the card the issue will be fixed. However I dont want to dentist on the FSX pc, there is a reason it's running 3 graphics cards heh.

So, for now, it's on the 2nd pc and its talking to the sim-a MCP.exe ok. There are some things that don't work properly but that's more than likely a sim-a/Mark question, not an Engravity one Smile

Thanks Stef I'll let you know how it goes!

Best,

Matt
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Center Panel Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: