FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   RegistrerenRegistreren 

Desktop panels

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Captains Panel
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
stu

gb.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Zo Mei 25, 2008 5:04 pm    Onderwerp: Desktop panels Reageren met citaat

Hello all

My first post here - I'll keep it brief.

I reckon we all want a full size self-build but, as with a fair few other folk, I just dont have the space Crying or Very sad and so I'm starting to look closely at the desktop option - which look like a fantastic (short term I hope) compromise. I get to save space plus learn some of the more basic skills required to put these things together.

Despite the number of pictures on this forum and elsewhere, I'm not entirely clear on a couple of things:

Are the desktop panels free standing or do they need to be mounted on a stand?
How are TFT's mounted on the panels - are they simply stood up behind or fitted in some way?
Does it take long (and does it require much skill) to put, say, the capitain and centre panel to the physical structures together, get them painted and wired?

All the best
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Zo Mei 25, 2008 7:51 pm    Onderwerp: Re: Desktop panels Reageren met citaat

Hi,

Let me first welcome you to the forum.

Citaat:
Are the desktop panels free standing or do they need to be mounted on a stand?

They are free standing. Part of the kit is the MDG stand. So after you build them you can just put them on your desk.

Citaat:
How are TFT's mounted on the panels - are they simply stood up behind or fitted in some way?

Many approaches here. Some just put them behind, others strip them out of the case and mount them witch brackets on the back of the MIP. Most TFT's have screw holes for a standard VESA mount. We sell brackets to use them with it.

Citaat:
Does it take long (and does it require much skill) to put, say, the capitain and centre panel to the physical structures together, get them painted and wired?

Best for some of the other users to answer this.

Best regards,

Stef

All the best[/quote]
stu

gb.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Mei 26, 2008 12:38 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Stef

Thank you for such a swift response - and on a Sunday too! This must be the legendary support I've been reading about Very Happy

The information is really helpful and I'm going to sit down now and try to work out exactly what it is I want to do - a MIP/Pro or an intermediate desktop kit. The money's there, I just need to make a final decision. Looking at the products though, I doubt I'll be disappointed whichever direction I go in.

If, say, I was to go for the desktop panels in the short term, I assume that they are fully compatible with the overhead, pedestal and (perhaps a TQ) in the future? That would enable me to upgrade to the full MIP in time (and when I have space!).

One final question for you. If I were to go for the Engravity kits (whichver one) would your team be prepared to work with me to establish exactly what additional kit I would need to get up and running - such as TFT brackets, switches, interface cards etc?

Many thanks again!
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Mei 26, 2008 12:55 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Citaat:
Thank you for such a swift response - and on a Sunday too! This must be the legendary support I've been reading about Very Happy

either that, or me being a worcaholic Wink

Citaat:
The information is really helpful and I'm going to sit down now and try to work out exactly what it is I want to do

in the download section you can find a manual for the desktop kits, giving you an idea how the stand looks like.

Citaat:
If, say, I was to go for the desktop panels in the short term, I assume that they are fully compatible with the overhead, pedestal and (perhaps a TQ) in the future? That would enable me to upgrade to the full MIP in time (and when I have space!).

the only difference would be the scale. The desktop kits are slightly scaled down. All other kits are full scale.

Citaat:
One final question for you. If I were to go for the Engravity kits (whichver one) would your team be prepared to work with me to establish exactly what additional kit I would need to get up and running - such as TFT brackets, switches, interface cards etc?

I will be advising you all the way in terms of what you need. We have part lists for MIP, fwd overhead, aft overhead, so its quite easy to figure out what switches/knobs you need.

I can advise you on your choice of interface options where i can, i dont know all the solutions on the market in depth, but know the most common ones. For in depth support of the various IO solutions i will have to refer you to the respective vendors, but im allways around to help when i can.

Stef
stu

gb.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Mei 27, 2008 11:29 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

So, after yet more days of research Very Happy I've decided that the desktop panels aren't for me. I'm looking to build as close to the real thing as I can and, whilst it's far more expensive, I'm going to go the bigger build route.

One question I have is in relation to the MIP Pro panels. For the sake of saving space, I was thinking of building and then setting up my MIP stand in a modular fashion, starting with the capt, centre and then f/o. I could just about fit the capt and centre panels at the moment, and would add the f/o panels at a later stage. My question is this:

Are your panels designed in such a way that I could do this - i.e. do you supply with one long backing panel, or are the backing panels as well as the front panels modular?

Finally, I take it I don't need to be a rocket scientist to back-light the panels do I? (I hope not Smile

Cheers
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Mei 28, 2008 12:03 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Hi,

I have some good news for you:

We decided to launch a desktop version of the Performance Line panels.

These will replace the existing desktop kits.

The new desktop kits will have a alumium case/stand and the Full scale performance line panels.

Citaat:
Are your panels designed in such a way that I could do this - i.e. do you supply with one long backing panel, or are the backing panels as well as the front panels modular?

In case you decide to purchase the full performance line kit: Yes this is possible. All sections are modular. In fact we use the same sections as the real aircraft.

Please note that the full performance line kit does NOT came with a stand (a seperate full stand including cdu bay and lower subpanels is available seperately), whereas the new performance line desktop kits will come with a aluminium desktop stand.

Citaat:
Finally, I take it I don't need to be a rocket scientist to back-light the panels do I? (I hope not)

2 products here:

1. Performance line - not backlit, but can easily be done yourself (just put a lightsource behind)

2. Performance line PRO - internally backlit panels with a brightness controller.

Stef
stu

gb.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Mei 28, 2008 12:47 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Stef

This sounds very interesting - I'm going to hold fire until I see these new desktop kits - dont suppose you have an ETA do you?

If they are full size, with integrated back-liting (the pro range) , can take the full range of full-size accessories etc then even as an interim solution they would be an excellent stepping stone.

Thanks for your help once again.

Stuart

P.s. this kind of answers my PM so before pestering you again I'll keep an eye on the site.
Terug naar boven
OmniAtlas
Flight Lieutenant

au.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Feb 28, 2013 2:38 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Engravity_Support schreef:
Hi,
Citaat:

In case you decide to purchase the full performance line kit: Yes this is possible. All sections are modular. In fact we use the same sections as the real aircraft.
Stef

The pro-line MIP is modular? I did not know that and will now have to take another look. It might save me a trouble getting the pro-line stand which will need some modifications to fit the desktop range with lower panels.
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Feb 28, 2013 1:43 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

the backpanels are (all different sections: DU panels, clock panels, stand-by panel, center panel above upper eicas, etc).

HOWEVER: the mounting plate of the PRO stand is in ONE piece.
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Captains Panel Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: