FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   RegistrerenRegistreren 

N1 SET and SPD REF knobs

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Center Panel
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Blizzard

de.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Zo Mrt 16, 2014 6:14 pm    Onderwerp: N1 SET and SPD REF knobs Reageren met citaat

Hi,

I use the complete perfomance Pro line - MIP from FlyEngravity. I'm not realy for me in the clear one. The both outer knobs of N1 SET and SPD REF aren't working, that means, they don't switch the individual potentiometer steps, only the both inner knobs. The inner knobs are without limitation or stop clockwise or counterclockwise.

It would be very nice, maybe you could explain me the original function or help me to understand how it should work.

regards to the netherlands

Rolf
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Zo Mrt 16, 2014 11:17 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

exactly how are you trying to interface ?

you mention potentiometers, but the N1 set and SPD ref knobs do not use potentiometers.

The outer knobs are switches to set the mode and the inner knobs can be encoders or momentary switches to set the value (depending on the interface method used).

Our ICS system and the MIP737 board use encoders for the inner knobs. so these rotate unlimited clockwise or counterclockwise.

Also this function must be supported by your avionics software.
What avionics software are you using and what hardware interface are you using?
Blizzard

de.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Mrt 19, 2014 12:16 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Hi,

I use the MIP737 Interface from Cpflight.
My impression is, that the both outer knobs of N1 SET and SPD REF
are turning emptily without the axis being moved.

Rolf
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Mrt 19, 2014 8:41 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

what is still not clear to me:

is it a physical problem ?

or

is it a software problem ?

i.e. does the outer knob turn correctly physically ? the knob is firmly attatched to the axis ?

have you tested the input of the Rotary switch in the cpflight test program ?

What is the avionics suite you are using ? does it support the N1 and SPD REF buttons ?

What is the make of your dual concentric Rotary assembly ?
Blizzard

de.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Mrt 20, 2014 10:42 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Ok!

Primarily I think it's a physical problem, because the both outer knobs of N1 SET and SPD REF are turning emptily without the axis being moved. The inner knobs of N1 SET and SPD REF are working with the axis correct.
Therefore I asked for the principle rotary switch mode of operation (steps etc.).

I use X-Plane 10 and the 737MIP driver wasn't developed from Cpflight until now, but I'm in close contact with Paolo in order to develop the driver by him respectively to test it by me.
Therefore I'm busy wiring the MIP board and testing it with cpflight test program. The wiring and testing of the MIP frame is about 95% ready, but I've this special problems with the N1 SET and SPD REF knobs, especially function basically in relation to the real one and to wire(and solder) it in correct way.
I don't know the make of the rotary switchs, but I posted a photo of the Flyengravity MIP frame to Robert at the 31th of January 2014 for other reasons. Maybe you could ask him, respectively have a look at the photo in order to identify the make.

Rolf
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Mrt 21, 2014 1:04 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

I will ask robert for the pictures.

The only N1 and spd ref dual concentric combo's we sell are the ones that are integrated in ICS (and those are not available seperately), so the dual concentric you are using must come from a third party supplier.

Its hard to advise without knowing the actual product, but i will try.

You are probably using a combo of a outer switch and an inner encoder.
(possible self made ?).
Is the outer knob for the switch part firmly attatched ? usually the knob of a dual concentric is attatched with a nut in the center (around the axle). Alternatively it also could be secured with a hex screw.

Have you tightened the method of fixing enough ?

Have you tried in the cpflight testprogram if turning the outer knob changes the value of the input field ?

Where did you buy these switches ?
Blizzard

de.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Mrt 21, 2014 4:26 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

At the back plate I can read "ALPS Japan".

I' ll try to give you more information.
Terug naar boven
Blizzard

de.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Mrt 21, 2014 10:58 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

I think this problem is mainly solved. It was first a mechanical problem.
The outer knobs, plugged to the tandem axis, were unmounted and it was a little tricky to remove and fasten it by a special insite nut.
Now, I'm able to switch the different positions of N1 SET and SDP REF with the outer knob and inner encoder, too. The nut wasn't thightened of fixing enough , as you assumed.

Now I've to study the special function and assignment of N1 SET and SPD REF importance in the averall function of the 737.

Thank you very much!

Rolf
Terug naar boven
pierrevw

be.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Mrt 26, 2015 11:59 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Hello Sim Friends,

I bought 6 ALPS dual concentric switch/encoder for this purpose, 2 for me and 2 x 2 for sale. My aim is to share expensive UPS delivery costs from the US. There was also a minimum amount of order by the reseller, so I decided to buy 6.
Unit price should be around 25 (+ expedition cost - I'm located in Brussels, Belgium). Hope it will help 2 of you... Smile

PM me.

Best regards,

Pierre
Terug naar boven
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Center Panel Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: