FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   RegistrerenRegistreren 

Gauges and Lever

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Center Panel
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
paulharmer
Flight Colonel

gb.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Dec 13, 2005 11:36 am    Onderwerp: Gauges and Lever Reageren met citaat

Hi there everyone,

This message really continuing a conversation with Carlos in the Builders Forum/Engravity PMDG thread, but it probably makes more sense here Smile

Here are some photos of the gauges and details of the Flightdecksolutions landing gear unit.

The main thing to bear in mind is that the gauge is 27mm deep, but the connectors take that to 40mm, so beware if you're hoping to put a screen behind them as the screen will, I think, be set too far back from the perspex window.

The details of the landing gear show how you can remove the "wheel" to get the lever through the centre panel slot. Also see how the main chassis is held together with nuts and bolts. I'm thinking that these bolts can be extended through the side of the centre panel and the whole thing can therefore be side-mounted. A slot would have to be cut for the little bronze pin that provides the detents, but nothing that a dremel couldn't handle.

There's no room to mount the lever as they've designed it because the landing gear slot in the centre panel is too near the right-hand-edge of the cockpit, unless anyone's has any other ideas?

The more I consider this, the ideal thing to do would be to mount to cockpit on a special table with a couple of slots cut into it so the PFD/ND and EICAS displays can sit "through" the table-top and below the bottom line of the cockpit. This would get round all the space problems as they wouldn't get in the way of any gauges/switches/LEDs!

Paul

Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht Website bekijken
carloshermida
Flight Major

br.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Dec 14, 2005 4:30 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Hi Paul,

Bad news for me about the 40mm with conector for flight illusions gauges Sad to far from perplex using this distance.....
Will need to get my TFT in place to see what i will going to do, in mind the last way for me using my new 15"TFT will be to use only the ATTITUDE and FLAP gauges from Flight illusion. All other gauges like IAS,ALTIMETER and EICAS using Project Magenta software gauges like this 737NG project from a friend mine here in Brazil. Take a look in his opening page site: www.hesimpanels.com

By the way about the landing gear, a think that could be solve easy, first i am looking for imediatily ship from another source, tomorrow i will know that....

Carlos
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
paulharmer
Flight Colonel

gb.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Dec 14, 2005 11:42 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

I know - irritating isn't it about those connectors! Having said that, I got the gauges connected tonight and they look fantastic - smooth movements and lovely backlighting. It might be worth finding a way around this, but there isn't much space. It all fits perfectly with a 10.4 inch screen if that helps, so you might have to give the 15" screen to the kids.

The software standby instruments solution would be 100% simpler and 500% cheaper...but not as sexy!

Landing gear easy fix, as you say.

I've looked at Hesimpanels before and I think I sent a message, can't remember. I'd save up and buy the yoke, which looks stunning, and the throttle quadrant, which looks doubly stunning, but I don't think he ships out of Brazil. Tell me I'm wrong, please!

Paul
Terug naar boven
dnoize
Flight Captain

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Dec 15, 2005 12:31 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

if im not mistaken, you will need their mcp to connect the throttle and yokes to. I think i read that in some other forum.

Great products though...i love the way their mcp looks.

Stef
carloshermida
Flight Major

br.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Dec 15, 2005 1:08 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Paul,
will buy a 10.4" TFT to solve easy this problem, have found one with this dimensions ( 251mm (W) x 229 mm x (H) x 98,5 (D)).
What's your PANAVIEW dimensions? The only way that i see is to use in PORTRAIT position, is this right?
About my 15" TFT will use it for overhead PM SYSTEMS view in Portrait position, maybe up my head Smile will think in a brace for that.....
Mathias from Cockpit will send me the Landing Gear from FDS, he have in stock Smile (Great news!!!)

Was talking today with Mr. Helio from BR SIMULATIONS and he was tolding me that he is finishing a full setup this week for GOL Airlines (brazilian low cost airways) for initial pilot training for 737-700/800, it took him ( 6 persons/ 12hours a day) 4 months to conclude this setup, amazing not? Next month he will put ALL products in his site to sell from MDF to Switches and Stby Instruments (he conclude the RMI yesterday ,genius!!!). They will export their products soon, he told me a few months ago!!!

Very Happy about the solution for Landing Gear, show us how you do it Smile Initially see that those foots had to get out to have clear space to fit on Center panel, was in this way?

Carlos
Terug naar boven
carloshermida
Flight Major

br.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Dec 15, 2005 1:21 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

What's yours CTX PANAVIEW max resolution and colour? Found one maker with 800 x 600 and colours 262.44 - 8 bits - What is this if anyone could hep-me? is this sufficient ? Thinking in use the 17"in 1024 mode....any kind of problem using diferent modes?

Carlos
Terug naar boven
paulharmer
Flight Colonel

gb.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Dec 15, 2005 10:03 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Carlos,

The sooner your friend can ship any of us over here his throttles and yokes the better!

Landing gear: Yes, the feet come off easily and allow flush-mounting on the side, so that's easy.

Screens (our eternal problem): I have two 10.4 screens, a Panoview 540 and a Vibrant LP 10. They both have problems. The Panoview has a smaller 600x480 resolution, which probably isn't a hardship as it's so small (look at it as a portion of a 17" 1280x1024 screen), but the actual unit is much larger than the Vibrant at 29.5 x 21.5cm. It's not much smaller when you take it out of the case, which I've tried and I don't think it will fit in the space we have. However, it's a modern screen and is very bright. The Vibrant is 800x600 res and is a much smaller unit (25x19cm), but isn't vibrant at all, it's quite dark. However, Robert is sending me a lighter Perspex EICAS screen which will get round this. The good news is that it fits (landscape) perfectly between the Flight Illusion standbys and the gear lever, so I'm very happy!

Paul
Terug naar boven
carloshermida
Flight Major

br.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Dec 15, 2005 3:57 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Paul,

If posible post any PIC of the back of your center panel with this screen with flight illusions gauge in place and landing gear to have an idea of the space needed to continue my setup progress. Will order my gauges only when attitude gauge will ready for ship. By the way i am in progress with backlight High Bright leds think they will be a good choice for that, what the color of the FI gauge light, is it more orange or yelow? Give me this reference by MCP backlight, ok.

Carlos
Terug naar boven
paulharmer
Flight Colonel

gb.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Dec 15, 2005 6:57 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Carlos,

I haven't installed anything yet, other than to see it if fits, so here's a shot of me holding everything in place with one hand before it all falls down while taking a very bad snap with the other! Excuse the mess - it'll be much better when finished Smile

You can see though that there is room for the landing gear to move freely (provided you mount it from the left), and for the screen still it its bezel, and the Flight Illusion standbys. This is the Vibrant screen, the Panoview is too wide, even out of its case.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Terug naar boven
carloshermida
Flight Major

br.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Dec 16, 2005 2:45 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Paul,

Thanks for the excelent pic to show me all details. Yes, it is excelent and sorry for any incovinient to make it, we could see the difficult . Smile

LCD 10.4" will be here on Monday, checking all dimensions will need to use it in PORTRAIT position, luck in have 7cm below center panel to get it clear for rotaries without any gap like your pic. But we will have a little problem to backlight the "landing gear and UP / DOWN" it is covered by LCD, did you see? Maybe we will need a litlle gap of 1cm to put LED or go to EL Sheet to all backlight, did you know about this kind of backlighting?

Best,

Carlos
Terug naar boven
carloshermida
Flight Major

br.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Dec 16, 2005 4:03 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Paul,

Was checking the specs from your vibrant TFT 10.4" and to my suprise it is the SAME monitor that is selling in my country by WAYTEC (www.waytec.com.br - model FW1040 - that i ordered today). The dimensions will be identical from yours, will use it in landscape. Great isn't it !!! The diference is that the pedestal have that dimension of 25,1 x 22,9 x 9,85 and the TFT display have 21,1 x 15,8.
My new question is about ilumination only 150 cd/m2, normally 15" TFT have 250 cd/m2. Does Robert have a middle colour perpex between that came with our setup? Do you test the brightness using perpex? Is it to dark?

Carlos
Terug naar boven
paulharmer
Flight Colonel

gb.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Dec 16, 2005 9:52 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Great news about your screen - it's almost as if they knew what we were using them for!

BUT...it isn't bright and the viewing angles are not great. It's not a wonderful screen, I have to say, but it will do the job for now.

Robert has said he'll supply me with a lighter Perspex screen for this window. You need just the very lightest smoke I think, anything else will be too dark. Ask him about the cost. I suspect if you buy a CDU he might be open to a bit of bartering Wink

Paul
Terug naar boven
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Center Panel Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: