FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   RegistrerenRegistreren 

Bi-Annual Update on 737NG YOKE

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Captains Panel
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
gremel
Flight Lieutenant

blank.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Apr 28, 2009 2:14 pm    Onderwerp: Bi-Annual Update on 737NG YOKE Reageren met citaat

Steph,

Can you give us an update on the 737NG yoke? Still looking forward to the most critical component in the cockpit....Smile

Regards,
jack
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
vidarf
Flight Colonel

no.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Apr 29, 2009 8:09 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

I wouldn't count on that... Wink
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht Website bekijken
KingCat
Flight Lieutenant

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Apr 30, 2009 2:58 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

If you're looking for an alternative, try the 737 yoke at www.737yoke.com
It's very affordable. It's not a 100% replica, but it's very good. I purchased this yoke, and I'm satisfied with it.

Jon
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Apr 30, 2009 10:15 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

vidarf schreef:
I wouldn't count on that... Wink

Such a positive attitude vidar Wink

Jack,

Nothing other than what i allready told you.

It will NOT be marketed for home use. Only pro/custom projects. And it will cost the same as a small car (yes i'm serious).

Not an off the shelve/retail/stock product.

We might make a spinoff for the home user, but this will not have active control loading. This simply isnt affordable (less than 10K) if you want to meet international safety standards. The forces involved with active control loading are tremendous.

Passive control loading yokes are not too high on the priority list though.

Stef
vidarf
Flight Colonel

no.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Mei 01, 2009 12:29 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Then PLEASE!!! consider making just the yoke and the top-part of the column. The rest I can manage to build, but I want that level of fidelity on the yoke! And of course the 90 degree change in rotation.

There are clearly a good market for such a product, and I don't see why you couldn't do it - it won't involve making an entirely new product!
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht Website bekijken
gremel
Flight Lieutenant

blank.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Mei 05, 2009 2:24 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

KingCat schreef:
If you're looking for an alternative, try the 737 yoke at www.737yoke.com
It's very affordable. It's not a 100% replica, but it's very good. I purchased this yoke, and I'm satisfied with it.

Jon

Is this the same as the PFC 737 NG yoke on the FlyPfc.com site or is it something entirely different. The price on the Ace site is 1395 and I assume that is Canadian Dollars....

Regards,
jack
Terug naar boven
KingCat
Flight Lieutenant

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Mei 06, 2009 8:31 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

No, this is something completely different. If you compare the pics of the PFC yoke and the yoke at www.737yoke.com, you can already see the differences. The price is in USD.

The yoke has tension loading and has a control column that's made of steal. The yoke handle is made of aluminium. It weighs about 16 kg. You can program all the buttons to your liking using FUIPC. You can also update the firmware of the yoke through a devicemanager.

Only the trim button is based on a SAAB trim button, as you can see in the pics and description, but ACE told me that they are working on a trim button based on the 737. Also the checklist on the yoke is a sticker as is the text that says "Autopilot disconnect". But considering the price of the yoke it's a good compromise.
gremel
Flight Lieutenant

blank.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Mei 25, 2009 7:43 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Anybody know which yoke is better for realistic tensions between the PFC Boeing 737NG or the Canadian mfg.'d yoke by ACE?

If anybody has the PFC yoke or the ACE, I would appreciate more of your own individual comments regarding them. The way Stef is talking, we'll probably have to wait another year or two before their yoke is completed, and it would cost a small fortune...

Regards,
jack
Terug naar boven
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Captains Panel Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: