FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   RegistrerenRegistreren 

Few questions to start
Ga naar pagina 1, 2  Volgende

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Captains Panel
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
stephane130281

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Jun 02, 2009 10:09 pm    Onderwerp: Few questions to start Reageren met citaat

Hi all,

Sorry in advance if my questions have been asked in previous topics.
It's been a long time now that I want to build my own cockpit!! But I haven't got the knowledge in electronic and son on...anyway, here are my questions:

-What is the difference between the 737NG Mip panels full scale compare to the association of the MIP desktop Captains panel / Center panel / FO panel kits?

-I will buy firstly the captain panel + center panel + EFIS pro + 737 MCP pro + CDU --> Are all these materials compatible with Sim avionics? I saw that the CDU is now compatible but what about the other stuff (MCP and EFIS)? Sim avionics seems to be better than Project magenta with a lot of things like weather radar, sounds ...etc and also shipper

-According different topics, it seems that all knobs are not available yet (N1 ref...etc), is it true? Are some switches are missing from the kits even if we purchase the electronic kits?

-If I buy captain panel desktop kit + center panel desktop kit + CDU + EFIS pro + MCP pro + electronic kits for each panel, does it will look like in the pictures? What about the decals and stickers? Are they part of the kits?

-What about the compatibility of the MIP interface board with Sim avionics? Does it control everything?

-Can you send me a quotation including the shipping cost for Belgium for all the items mentioned above?

MIP interface board --> Sim avionics?
compatibility with simavionics? (CDU, Overhead, main panel, efis and MCP)
According different topics, it seems that all knobs are not available yet (N1 ref...etc)
Are the Stickers/decalcs comprise in the set?
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Jun 03, 2009 1:14 am    Onderwerp: Re: Few questions to start Reageren met citaat

stephane130281 schreef:

-What is the difference between the 737NG Mip panels full scale compare to the association of the MIP desktop Captains panel / Center panel / FO panel kits?

* Performance PRO line: panel kit, includes lower subpanels, internally backlit panels, no glareshield or stand (available seperately, see forum)

* regular performance line: panel kit. Internally backlit panels available as an upgrade. No lower subpanels, no stand, no glareshield (available seperately)

* desktop kits. Full kits including desktop stand and glare wings/shield. internally backlit panels available as a upgrade.

first two meant for full setups, the last as a desktop setup.

Manuals for all the kits are available in the download section.

Citaat:
-I will buy firstly the captain panel + center panel + EFIS pro + 737 MCP pro + CDU --> Are all these materials compatible with Sim avionics? I saw that the CDU is now compatible but what about the other stuff (MCP and EFIS)? Sim avionics seems to be better than Project magenta with a lot of things like weather radar, sounds ...etc and also shipper

I have been told its compatible but havent tested myself. The MCP pro uses the same instruction set as the older usb mcp by cpflight and thats on the compatibility list. But i havent tested this. Best is to check this with them.

alternatively you could check www.flightdecksoftware.com. compatible with all our hardware. Belgian company.

Citaat:
--According different topics, it seems that all knobs are not available yet (N1 ref...etc), is it true? Are some switches are missing from the kits even if we purchase the electronic kits?

If I buy captain panel desktop kit + center panel desktop kit + CDU + EFIS pro + MCP pro + electronic kits for each panel, does it will look like in the pictures? What about the decals and stickers? Are they part of the kits?

what decals/stickers are you referring to ? no decals have been used in the pictures you see on our site.

the electronics kit for the center panel does not have the combination of the dual concentric outer switch/inner rotary for the n1 set and spd ref dials.
these are no stock parts. we will be offering them as upgrade modules in the future. at th moment single rotary switches are part of the electronics kits (as shown in the pictures)
Contents of the electronics kits are described in the respective sections in the webshop.

Citaat:
-What about the compatibility of the MIP interface board with Sim avionics? Does it control everything?

fully compatible with PM, flightdecksoftware and PMDG.
Dont know about sim-avionics. Best check with them.

Citaat:
-Can you send me a quotation including the shipping cost for Belgium for all the items mentioned above?

We dont do quotes via the website, drop us an e-mail with your exact wishes. For a raw estimate, all prices are available in the webshop.

Citaat:
MIP interface board --> Sim avionics?
compatibility with simavionics? (CDU, Overhead, main panel, efis and MCP)
According different topics, it seems that all knobs are not available yet (N1 ref...etc)
Are the Stickers/decalcs comprise in the set?

see above.

Just let me know if you have any further questions.

You can also mail me directly via support@

stef
stephane130281

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Jun 03, 2009 6:54 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Many thanks for the fast answers, but I still have a few questions

-Does anyone who has purchased sim avionics can tell me if it's 100% compatible with the Flyengravity's cockpit?

-does the subpanel is provided with the desktop configuration?

-I'm a newbie in terms of electronic. Is it difficult to connect all the switches to the MCP interface board and synchronise the switches and announciators with the software I'll use (PM, sim avionics...etc)

-I still don't understand the difference betwwen the performance line and the desktop config, you probably meant that for the performance line it's shipper when you want a full config (Captain + FO setup). I'm only interested to build the captain side so captain panel + center panel! In this case, will you advise me to choose the desktop config?

-I'll pop you an email with the exact config I want.

Many thanks for your futur support Smile and to make our dream come true!!

Stephane
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Jun 03, 2009 8:03 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

stephane130281 schreef:

-does the subpanel is provided with the desktop configuration?

No. if the lower subpanels where included then it would be MUCH too hight for a desktop configuration. Its exactly what the name says. a desktop kit.

please look at the pictures for reference !

this is a full desktop config with all 3 kits:

the seperate subsections:

Citaat:
-I'm a newbie in terms of electronic. Is it difficult to connect all the switches to the MCP interface board and synchronise the switches and announciators with the software I'll use (PM, sim avionics...etc)

with the interface solution we are offering in cooperation with cpflight it is very easy. No programming or configuring is required. Its simply a matter of connecting the corect switch to the corect terminal on the interface. Every terminal has a fixed function. All programming/configuring is allready preset in the firmware. You dont have to do anything other than letting your software know to look for the interface.
It works like that for pm, flightdecksoftware and pmdg 737 for fs9.

Citaat:
-I still don't understand the difference betwwen the performance line and the desktop config, you probably meant that for the performance line it's shipper when you want a full config (Captain + FO setup). I'm only interested to build the captain side so captain panel + center panel! In this case, will you advise me to choose the desktop config?

desktop kits: as the name says for (partial) desktop configurations.
Performance line: for full size setups.

Desktop kits are full kits including stand and glareshield
Performance line panel kits are panel kits and stand + glareshield have to be purchased seperately.

Please browse through the shop and forum for pictures.

Stef
stephane130281

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Jun 04, 2009 7:35 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Actually, I will purchase the desktop panels and mount it on a stand in a complete close cockpit. I don't want it simply mounted on a desk

Is it possible to purchase only the subpanel and put it together with the desktop captain panel?

I sent an email to Sim avionics, they answered me that your CDU is fully compatible and also EFIS and MCP std version! They never tested the EFIS and MCP pro versions but I would imagine that it works the same! Do you confirm?

Thanks,

Stephane
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Jun 04, 2009 8:47 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

stephane130281 schreef:
Actually, I will purchase the desktop panels and mount it on a stand in a complete close cockpit. I don't want it simply mounted on a desk

Is it possible to purchase only the subpanel and put it together with the desktop captain panel?

If i understand correctly you want to build a single seat trainer ? but enclosed.

shouldnt be a problem to sell you the lower subpanels, but the lower subpanel bay of the full size stand, will not fit the desktop stand. So you will have to make provisions for a frame/bay yourself.

Citaat:
I sent an email to Sim avionics, they answered me that your CDU is fully compatible and also EFIS and MCP std version! They never tested the EFIS and MCP pro versions but I would imagine that it works the same! Do you confirm?

Cant confirm because i dont have their software. However i am the one that sent them the protocol and the protocol for pro and regular mcp is similar.

maybe other users can confirm or i could try the demo.
Have you looked into flightdecksoftware as an option too ?

Stef
stephane130281

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Jun 04, 2009 9:58 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Yes I have!
Flight deck software is not intersting for me, in terms of money I mean.
I want as you understand, build a single seat trainer and flight decksoftware provides only the instruments for the captain version (without system logic...etc), you need to purchase their full version to have the system logic and hardware support, and naturally this more expensive (499) whereas Sim avionics already give access to system logic and hardware support with their captain version for only 220!!

Regarding the subpanel, can you give me the price so I can include it in my budget. I'll try to adapt it to my futur desktop config!

Thanks again for your answers.

Stephane
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Jun 05, 2009 1:52 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

stephane130281 schreef:
Yes I have!
Flight deck software is not intersting for me, in terms of money I mean.
I want as you understand, build a single seat trainer and flight decksoftware provides only the instruments for the captain version (without system logic...etc), you need to purchase their full version to have the system logic and hardware support, and naturally this more expensive (499) whereas Sim avionics already give access to system logic and hardware support with their captain version for only 220!!

Thats not entirely correct, Flight deck core (the systems logics) are also available seperately for 99 euro's.

Together with the base program and the drivers its still more expensive than the 225 for sim-avionics but certainly not 499.

I suggest to download demo's of all suites (flightdecksoftware, sim-avionics and pm) evaluate them and make your choice based on your experiences during evaluation and not based on price.

All 3 suites have demo's available.

Citaat:
Regarding the subpanel, can you give me the price so I can include it in my budget. I'll try to adapt it to my futur desktop config!

I will pass this to our sales department, but i think you allready contacted them.

Stef
stephane130281

BerichtGeplaatst: Zo Jun 07, 2009 7:18 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Hi Stef,

Thanks again for your comment/precision. That's help me a lot.
I haven't received yet the price including the shipping cost, actually I'm waiting for it before ordering the cockpit, as I need to have the exact price to fit with my budget.

Nevertheless, I still need precision about few points: Is it possible to have the frame to put all around the lower EICAS as shown in the picture below, if yes can you tell me the price:

How much time is needed to build the desktop cockpit, it looks easy to build it, isn't it? Are the wiring cables send with the electronic kits to connect the switches and announciators? If not, what type of cable do I need?

What is the expected delay to receive the complete kit I will order? (captain and center desktop panel, EFIS + MCP pro, 737 FMC + electronic kits)

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards,

Stephane
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Zo Jun 07, 2009 10:55 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

stephane130281 schreef:
Hi Stef,

Thanks again for your comment/precision. That's help me a lot.
I haven't received yet the price including the shipping cost, actually I'm waiting for it before ordering the cockpit, as I need to have the exact price to fit with my budget.

Nevertheless, I still need precision about few points: Is it possible to have the frame to put all around the lower EICAS as shown in the picture below, if yes can you tell me the price:

i will check with sales tomorrow and have them add a window bezel.

Citaat:
How much time is needed to build the desktop cockpit, it looks easy to build it, isn't it?

depends on your skills...some do it in a day...others in a week, others take months.

If you include soldering of switches and leds a few days.

Citaat:
Are the wiring cables send with the electronic kits to connect the switches and announciators? If not, what type of cable do I need?

not included. i use 0,2 mm2 (7x 0, 193mm)

Citaat:
What is the expected delay to receive the complete kit I will order? (captain and center desktop panel, EFIS + MCP pro, 737 FMC + electronic kits)

desktop kits are in stock. I believe fmc and mcp/efis are too. If they are not, then leadtime is 3 weeks. I will ask sales to let you know in their quote.

Stef
stephane130281

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Jun 08, 2009 9:45 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Hi again,

-does the MIP interface board have the possibility to interact with FSUIPC and therefore make it compatible with whatever software (with the condition that the softwares have interaction with FSUIPC)

Is it possible to send all material in the same time? I mean, I prefer receiving all the material in the same time instead of receiving the FMC and 3 weeks later the desktop panel for example. I prefer you wait for having all the material in stock, group them and send them at the same time.

-Do I need to make a special request when I will order for the products?

-To summurize, in addition to my wishes list, I need the full subpanel + a window bezel for the lower EICAS.

Thanks again for you answers.

Stephane
Terug naar boven
speedbird17

gb.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Jun 08, 2009 1:01 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

stephane130281 schreef:

Thanks,

Stephane

Hi Stephane

You may want to look at the Sim-Avionics forum - lots of useful info there.

Ralph
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Jun 08, 2009 9:59 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

stephane130281 schreef:
Hi again,

-does the MIP interface board have the possibility to interact with FSUIPC and therefore make it compatible with whatever software (with the condition that the softwares have interaction with FSUIPC)

No, the mipboard takes direct orders from the add on software.
good side of this is that it doesnt need a layer like fsuipc inbetween thus making it more failsafe because it iliminates the need for drivers.
the bad side is that you can not have it interact with software that does not natively support the mipboard.

Citaat:
Is it possible to send all material in the same time? I mean, I prefer receiving all the material in the same time instead of receiving the FMC and 3 weeks later the desktop panel for example. I prefer you wait for having all the material in stock, group them and send them at the same time.

Sure, no problem. Just let us know by mail when you receive your quote. Dont order in the shop but just reply to our mail with the quote.

Citaat:
-Do I need to make a special request when I will order for the products?

request as in?

Citaat:

-To summurize, in addition to my wishes list, I need the full subpanel + a window bezel for the lower EICAS.

you will receive your quote in the next couple of days.

Stef
stephane130281

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Jun 09, 2009 4:54 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

I read in the forum that the desktop panel needs a 17" TFT and the performance line needs 19" TFT.
Does it mean that the size of the desktop panel and the performance line are differents? I though the desktop panel was 1:1 scale.

I will probably go for the flight deck software panel even if it's more expensive and less complete than sim avionics!! e.g the FMC of the flight deck software solution is not as complete as the one coming from sim avionics!! All the pages are not available (fix, arc dme ...etc), It would be great to investigate the compatibility between sim avionics and flyengravity. Project magenta still very too expensive for almoste people!!!
Terug naar boven
themax222
Flight Lieutenant

be.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Jun 09, 2009 5:40 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

stephane130281 schreef:
I read in the forum that the desktop panel needs a 17" TFT and the performance line needs 19" TFT.
Does it mean that the size of the desktop panel and the performance line are differents? I though the desktop panel was 1:1 scale.

Hi, the old desktop panels needed a 17" screen because they was scaled down. The new desktop kits are 1:1 scale and you need a 19" TFT screen Wink

Citaat:
I will probably go for the flight deck software panel even if it's more expensive and less complete than sim avionics!! e.g the FMC of the flight deck software solution is not as complete as the one coming from sim avionics!! All the pages are not available (fix, arc dme ...etc)

Hi,

I'm using FlightDeckSoftware fore some months now and yes it's not 100% complete yet. But once you ordered it, updates are free, so you only need to wait. Actually you can make a full flight from cold and dark to cold and dark.

Maxime. Wink
Terug naar boven
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Captains Panel Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Ga naar pagina 1, 2  Volgende
Pagina 1 van 2

Ga naar: