FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   RegistrerenRegistreren 

sneak preview: Integrated Cockpit Systems (ICS)

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> builders forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Nov 12, 2009 9:24 pm    Onderwerp: sneak preview: Integrated Cockpit Systems (ICS) Reageren met citaat

FSweekend was the launch weekend for our new interface system ICS (Integrated Cockpit Systems).

ICS will be available within a few weeks when the final price settings will be determined.

This is a small preview because i received so many questions about ICS after the fsweekend.

ICS has been designed by CPflight and FLYengravity under close cooperation.
Claudio and Paolo did an excellent job on the electronics and the firmware.

First brainstorm sessions started at last years FSweekend and this years FSweekend it was ready for display.

ICS is a interface system that minimizes the need for interfacing, wiring, configuring, etc.

It will be sold with completely build plug and play systems in various configurations for both the desktop and the pro stand.

All switches, rotaries, encoders, pots, annunciator leds, etc are mounted on a pcb.

ICS is compatible with:
* Project Magenta
* flightdecksoftware
* PMDG 737 (via flightsimlabs driver)

In the PRO version even the lower subpanels are interfaced, enabling the lower subpanel functions when the software provides this.

For example, with project magenta the brightness of the screens can be dimmed software wise with the respective pots on the captains and first officers lower subpanels.

In a later stage this will also be available with Flightdecksoftware.

Project Magenta is allready fully compatible and flightdecksoftware is being finetuned at the moment.

On the FSweekend we had 2 setups running on ICS.

We had our full setup running project magenta and we had a desktop setup running Flightdecksoftware at Barts stand.

some pictures:

A fully interfaced desktop system.
Everything is interfaced here, panels are backlit, only thing missing are captains and first offcers TFT's. Upper eicas is in place.

Retail systems will be fully interfaced with all tft's.

close up of the interface master board. This board daisy chains to our mcp's or the blackbox.

Close up of the center panel pcb and the F/O DU/AFDS pcb.

All rotaries, encoders and switches are on the pcb. The dual concentric knobs for the speed ref and n1 setting are powdercoated metal. The outer is a switch, the inner an encoder.

The square center part is a break out panel with the pcb's for the master caution switches and 2 led pcb's for 2 isolated annunciators on the mip.

On the DU pcb you see the afds switches with dual color leds and the rotary switch for the DU selectors (work in both project magenta and flightdecksoftware)

Top view of the pcb's with the sixpack pcb's that fit our aluminium sixpacks.

Below the PCB's for the lower subpanel. Still as a whole in the break out frame. The led strips can be used for the glare wings and mcp bay flood light. A few ledstrips have allready been taken out from this panel.

Brightness of the floodlight can be adjusted with the pots on the lower subpanel.

Brightnes of the captains panels, first officers panels, glarewing flood, background flood can be adjusted independently of eachother with the pots on the lower subpanels, just as in the real aircraft. All switches, pots, etc in the lower subpanels are functional (depending on the software used)

The small black 2 pin female connectors are for the lightplates. The pcb's mount behind the aluminum backpanels, the lightplates mount on top of the aluminium backpanels. Lightplates have a 2 pin header that sticks into this small 2 pin female connector. So no wiring needs to be done for the internally backlit lightplates. Brightness adjustment is being taken care of by ICS as mentioned above.

This is a 'no wiring' interfacing solution (except for some isolated switches like the nose wheel steering switch)

A close up shot from the front with ICS installed.

ICS will also be available for a fully plug and play overhead early next year.

and last but not least: Our full setup on FSweekend with ICS running:

Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
rnlmc23para

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Nov 27, 2009 1:21 am    Onderwerp: awsome Reageren met citaat

cant wait to get my hands on 2 this peace hope its not gonna be to budget killing .oooooo well thousand matter keep em comming best regards
Terug naar boven
rnlmc23para

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Dec 08, 2009 5:26 pm    Onderwerp: release date Reageren met citaat

hello its me again is there any sort of release date set and and could you please tell me what the cost are gonna be best regards leon
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Dec 08, 2009 11:24 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

ICS boards are in stock, prices for the desktop versions have been set, working on prices for the pro version now.

Once done will post it on the site

please note that ICS wil ONLY be available as part of fully build plug and play setups (either desktop of PRO)

Stef
rnlmc23para

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Dec 09, 2009 5:03 pm    Onderwerp: ics Reageren met citaat

i have the desktop model captain and center mcp and efis if i understund its not possible to to buy the ics for these products maybe if i buy it in combination with the co pilot panel ???????? or is it just aviable with the hole desktop complete best regards
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Dec 09, 2009 5:13 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

ICS is specifically designed to cut building time (and thus costs) for our prebuild plug and play units, so that we can offer these at a lower price.

As such we will not be offering ICS seperately.

For home builders we advise the cpflight MIP737 board.

Stef
ckozakos

cy.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Dec 10, 2009 7:42 am    Onderwerp: ICS Reageren met citaat

Hi Stef

I bought the MIP PRO during november, but i did not buy electronics and rotaries yet. I don't have knowledge about electronics, so it could be better for me to buy the ICS. Firt of all it would saved my time and second it would be better for me because i don't have a lot of free time.

I would like to know if i could buy it and its cost.

Kozakos
Terug naar boven
starsky444

lu.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Za Jul 31, 2010 1:18 pm    Onderwerp: ICS Reageren met citaat

Hi Stef,

I was thinking of rebuilding all of my main panel which is looking a bit poor compared to the rest of my cockpit (I use the old desktop panels). By chance I read those posts concerning ICS in the forum. The solution looks quite interesting to me as I for time matters, I am not able to rebuild everything one my own (wirings, etc).

I was wondering if this ICS project was still something you were working on as the last post on this subject dates back to December 2009, or did you abandon it?

Of course I have a few questions, what will be the price (desktop and Pro)?

I guess the configuration will not include gauges, MCP and Efis selectors (this would be best for me as I already have those items in my actual configuration), could you please confirm this?

From what I read in you post, it seems the upper Eicas display is included, is there a VGA connection needed, or does everything run through USB?

Will it be possible to run the ICS through Wideclient or does it has to be plugged on the FS computer?

You said some switches will not be interfaced, like the nose wheel steering, which other ones will not?

Last but not least, when will it be available?

Thank you
Thomas
Luxembourg
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Za Jul 31, 2010 2:35 pm    Onderwerp: Re: ICS Reageren met citaat

starsky444 schreef:
Hi Stef,
I was wondering if this ICS project was still something you were working on as the last post on this subject dates back to December 2009, or did you abandon it?

Although not in the shop, ICS is alive and for sale !

Citaat:
Of course I have a few questions, what will be the price (desktop and Pro)?

ICS setups are available in various configurations. Drop me an e-mail and i will mail you a pricelist.

Citaat:
I guess the configuration will not include gauges, MCP and Efis selectors (this would be best for me as I already have those items in my actual configuration), could you please confirm this?

The basic configurations include MCP en EFIS (EL version) the advanced configurations also include the gauges. The pro setup included MCP and EFIS pro and all gauges.

However, if you allready have the mcp and efis, modified versions without these parts can be discussed. we just leave them out.

Citaat:
From what I read in you post, it seems the upper Eicas display is included, is there a VGA connection needed, or does everything run through USB?

It is included and needs a VGA. PFD and ND lcd are also included and also need a vga

Citaat:
Will it be possible to run the ICS through Wideclient or does it has to be plugged on the FS computer?

Needs to be plugged into the computer that has the MCP running. ICS is daisy chained to the mcp

Citaat:
You said some switches will not be interfaced, like the nose wheel steering, which other ones will not?

All switches are interfaced and wired. What i meant is that some switches might not be functional in the software because they have not implemented it yet. For example Project Magenta, Flightdecksoftware, PMDG, etc.
Hardware wised everything is addressable, wired and interfaced in case future software wants to adress it.

Citaat:
Last but not least, when will it be available?

NOW ! Very Happy

Stef
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> builders forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: