FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   RegistrerenRegistreren 

fixing the top plate
Ga naar pagina Vorige  1, 2

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Captains Panel
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Apr 08, 2010 10:30 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

There is not better way. You need to drill the holes yourself.

The holes were predrilled in previous versions, but for various reasons the latest versions do not have the holes predrilled.

Will evaluate this with robert to see what to do with the next version.

stef
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
pvrijald
Flight Lieutenant

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Za Apr 10, 2010 10:50 am    Onderwerp: Missing holes - Update Reageren met citaat

Hi All,

There is a serious design flaw with the current kits. If you drill the holes and use the MCP/EFIS bracket then there is no way that you can attach the top plates. This is because there are no openings to initially keep the nuts in place.

So, instead of drilling 4 mm holes, I made them 3.2 mm and tapped M4 thread. This is not needed for the two side brackets, because you can reach underneath to hold the nuts.

I am not sure what to do with my FO top plate, because the EFIS box was pre-drilled. Perhaps glue the nuts first?

I hope this helps.

--pim
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Za Apr 10, 2010 4:33 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

in the previous versions we had the holes predrilled and used nuts and bolts.

However because of the fabricating proces of the glare wings (vacuum molding), there were often minimal tollerances in the glarewings to be fractions of millimiters off, causing problems.

Thats why we decided to leave the predrilled holes in the brackets out of the designs and have the customer drill the holes themselves in a convenient place.
As such we replaced the nuts and bolts in the kit with selftapping screws. These screws will grip themselves in place in the alluminium hole you drill yourself, thus elimininating the need for a nut at a hard to reach place.

I will have the manuals adapted to this situation as soon as possible.

Stef
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Captains Panel Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Ga naar pagina Vorige  1, 2
Pagina 2 van 2

Ga naar: