FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   RegistrerenRegistreren 

PMDG 737 NGX
Ga naar pagina Vorige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Volgende

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> CDU/FMS
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Dec 24, 2012 1:42 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Please understand that the wait is NOT for us, BUT for PMDG.

When they released their SDK we started working on the driver and had the keypad input working within a day.
HOWEVER, we need USB output for the display !
The PMDG SDK does not provide in this yet.

PMDG is aware of this and as stated on their forum the USB output is on the todo list for their next SDK release (according to one of the links above allready done)
However, when they release this new SDK is NOT UP TO US.
PMDG has announced a time path for their future products.
Maintenance of the 737 NGX comes after the release of the 777.
Please be patient. PMDG has promised an update on their SDK in the next maintenance release.
They are very competent, but busy guys ! Please give them some time.

As soon as the SDK provides us with a way to output the screen data via USB, we will finalize the driver and release it.

Untill then, the PMDG NGX has NOT BEEN ON and WILL NOT BE ON our compatibility list.
But as soon as its released and usable we will rush into finalizing a driver for this great add on.
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
birdman

ca.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Jan 04, 2013 8:08 pm    Onderwerp: PMDG Driver Reageren met citaat

I too was looking at the Fly Engravity CDU but now I will put away those thoughts. As far as Prosim 737, it sounds like a great instrument suite, but I am one who really loves the exterior models of the PMDG 737NGX as well as the extremely realistic flight model it provides. I do believe I will purchase the CP Flight EL MCP and EFIS though.

I was looking at the Engravity CDU because of the fact it doesn't need a video port to get info from the sim, which means you dont have to drag over the CDU window as in the FDS CDU. ON the FDS website , it describes this method as problematic due to the fact that you have to resize the window when a new flight is loaded in. They dont know if it is a PMDG or a Windows issue. This was the reason for looking into the Fly Engravity CDU, but with no driver...well.

all the best,

Ed
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht Website bekijken
Marco

be.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Za Jan 05, 2013 12:23 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Ed,
I personnaly use the CDU from FDS without any problem and without any resizing of the Windows Very Happy
Terug naar boven
bora

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Za Jan 05, 2013 11:33 am    Onderwerp: Cdu engravity Reageren met citaat

I still use the cdu with the old pmdg 737fs9.
I must say, he works super.
I am waiting for the driver for the pmdgngx.
Than I step over to the pmdgngx.
But until That, I stay flying with the old pmdg, and I must say, with
Munch pleasure.

Ton
Terug naar boven
bora

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Za Jan 05, 2013 11:37 am    Onderwerp: Re: Cdu engravity Reageren met citaat

bora schreef:
I still use the cdu with the old pmdg 737fs9.
I must say, he works super.
I am waiting for the driver for the pmdgngx.
Than I step over to the pmdgngx.
But until That, I stay flying with the old pmdg, and I must say, with
Munch pleasure.

Ton

Sorry, I mean much pleasure

Ton
Terug naar boven
raam123

BerichtGeplaatst: Zo Sep 08, 2013 10:35 pm    Onderwerp: Any news regarding the driver for the PMDG NGX Reageren met citaat

Ok,

So now after waiting for a long time the PMDG 777 released.... (SDK and its...)
We all waited for 2 years for a driver for the NGX which never came...
My Engravity CDU is already covered with dust Embarassed

So far I must admit I'm disapointted, I'm very sorry to mention it but buying product that cost so much with no drivers is like buying a car with no engine.

I hope future will bring more pleasure with the product.

*Am I the only 1 with those thoughts?* Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Sep 09, 2013 1:51 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

i understand your frustration, but please keep in mind that the wait is not for us.

We cant do anything without an updated SDK.

In the past PMDG stated that they will update their 737 SDK after the release of the 777. They just released the 777 now.
I think its unrealistic to expect an updated 737 SDK a week later !

Check with PMDG what the status/timepath is for the updated SDK. We have no influence there.

Meanwhile it such a waste to have your cdu collect dust all this time, while you can use it with a variety of other software under FS9 and FSX.

(surely you havent bought the cdu to use it with a program that has never been on our compatibility list ? We have always been very clear that the cdu is NOT compatible with the NGX yet).
OmniAtlas
Flight Lieutenant

au.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Sep 25, 2013 6:51 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Virtual cdu for ios/android has some how tapped into the cdu functions of the ngx with the existing sdk.
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Sep 25, 2013 7:06 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

The problem is not accessing the ngx cdu. We can do that too.
The problem is outputting the ngx screendata to our cdu via usb.

The current sdk does not provide that functionality.
Cypress

hu.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Sep 30, 2013 11:43 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Engravity_Support schreef:
The problem is not accessing the ngx cdu. We can do that too.
The problem is outputting the ngx screendata to our cdu via usb.

The current sdk does not provide that functionality.

Well, we have a 1200 FMC/CDU which we cannot use for what it is made, that is to program flight routes and to fly. Rolling Eyes

I would like to ask what we shall do if PMDG does not release a new SDK for e.g. two years? And what about those who only fly (like me) with PMDG and bought your hardware in order to make flight experience even more enjoyable? What does flyengravity business policy say for such cases?

BTW: FDS managed to solve this problem: http://flightdecksolutions.com/components/b737ng/b737ng-mipmain/fds-b737ng-pro-mx-cdu-color-vga/
(Check features) Mad

Having read the forum I cannot see any solution to the problem, while I have been waiting for two years. What about presenting a petition to PMDG in order to put pressure on them? Let's do something because there is nothing worse than waiting in vain.
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Okt 01, 2013 1:00 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Citaat:
Well, we have a 1200 FMC/CDU which we cannot use for what it is made, that is to program flight routes and to fly

How about use it with the software we DO have advertised compatibility with ? There is quite a bit software compatible for both fs9 and fsx.

Citaat:
I would like to ask what we shall do if PMDG does not release a new SDK for e.g. two years? And what about those who only fly (like me) with PMDG and bought your hardware in order to make flight experience even more enjoyable?

Once and for all: we have never advertised compatibility with the NGX.
even stronger: since the beginning we have been telling in the forum it is NOT compatible

You have really bought 1200 euro equipment without checking if its compatible ?

Please keep in mind that the cdu came out in 2005 ! You are demanding compatibility with software from 2012 which we have never claimed compatibility with.
Even so, we are willing to offer that compatibility, but we need the tools that enable that.

Citaat:
What does flyengravity business policy say for such cases?.

What do you want us to say about it ?
we can not change the fact that the SDK is lacking functionality to drive the LCD over USB.

Citaat:
BTW: FDS managed to solve this problem: http://flightdecksolutions.com/components/b737ng/b737ng-mipmain/fds-b737ng-pro-mx-cdu-color-vga/
(Check features) Mad

The FDS cdu used a seperate VGA output for the screen. It doesnt need usb functionality. completely different concept. not a solution to your problem unless you retrofit your cdu with a vga screen (keypad works)

Citaat:
Having read the forum I cannot see any solution to the problem, while I have been waiting for two years. What about presenting a petition to PMDG in order to put pressure on them? Let's do something because there is nothing worse than waiting in vain.

That is a good idea. I allways advise customers to contact PMDG directly. Only they can speed up things. Not us.
Earlier in this thread you can find a link to PMDG staff telling on their forum this functionality will be added in the next release. there is nothing we can do to speed up things.
Cypress

hu.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Okt 08, 2013 4:48 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

You are right, you didn't say that the CDU would be compatible with FSX. However, when I bought the hardware - which is excellent anyway - the release date of the FSX was already known and I supposed that the Engravity would support it.

You are right, you didn't promise that it would be compatible with FSX, however, you didn't say it clearly either that the CDU won't feature any support for FSX.

So I can only repeat what I have said before: I purchased the product in good faith as there has been no product before which only supported a given version of a given game without any support for later updates. I will ask a consumer protection lawyer about it as I feel misled. I know that the current problem is not your fault but I would prefer clear up the question as I didn't buy an ice-cream. Confused

I have contacted PMDG, we're waiting for their reply.
[/u]
Cypress

hu.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Okt 08, 2013 4:49 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

[quote="Cypress"]You are right, you didn't say that the CDU would be compatible with FSX. However, when I bought the hardware - which is excellent anyway - the release date of the FSX was already known and I supposed that the Engravity would support it.

You are right, you didn't promise that it would be compatible with FSX, however, you didn't say it clearly either that the CDU won't feature any support for FSX.

So I can only repeat what I have said before: I purchased the product in good faith as there has been no product before which only supported a given version of a given game without any support for later updates. I will ask a consumer protection lawyer about it as I feel misled. I know that the current problem is not your fault but I would prefer clear up the question as I didn't buy an ice-cream. Confused

Cypress

hu.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Okt 08, 2013 4:50 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

[quote="Cypress"][quote="Cypress"]You are right, you didn't say that the CDU would be compatible with FSX. However, when I bought the hardware - which is excellent anyway - the release date of the FSX was already known and I supposed that the Engravity would support it.

So I can only repeat what I have said before: I purchased the product in good faith as there has been no product before which only supported a given version of a given game without any support for later updates. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
I will ask a consumer protection lawyer about it as I feel misled. I know that the current problem is not your fault but I would prefer clear up the question as I didn't buy an ice-cream. Confused

Cypress

hu.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Okt 09, 2013 1:07 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

PMDG answer:

Steve,

An agreement with Engravity is uncertain right now but we have tried working with them with the SDK. Not sure yet if the SDK update will offer support for the Engravity units at this time.

Paul Gollnick
Technical Support

PMDG Simulations, LLC
www.precisionmanuals.com

Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> CDU/FMS Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Ga naar pagina Vorige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Volgende
Pagina 5 van 7

Ga naar: