FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   RegistrerenRegistreren 

PMDG 737 NGX
Ga naar pagina Vorige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Volgende

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> CDU/FMS
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Cypress

hu.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Okt 09, 2013 1:08 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Cypress schreef:
PMDG answer:

Steve,

An agreement with Engravity is uncertain right now but we have tried working with them with the SDK. Not sure yet if the SDK update will offer support for the Engravity units at this time.

Paul Gollnick
Technical Support

PMDG Simulations, LLC

Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Okt 11, 2013 8:57 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Citaat:
You are right, you didn't say that the CDU would be compatible with FSX. However, when I bought the hardware - which is excellent anyway - the release date of the FSX was already known and I supposed that the Engravity would support it.

You are right, you didn't promise that it would be compatible with FSX, however, you didn't say it clearly either that the CDU won't feature any support for FSX.

where do you the idea that the cdu isnt compatible with FSX ??
The CDU does not communicate directly to FSX nor FS9.

It communicates with the add on software, as such it can be compatible with numerous flight simulation softwares, ie fs9, fsx, p3d, etc.

There is a number of FSX aircraft it is compatible with.....

Citaat:
So I can only repeat what I have said before: I purchased the product in good faith as there has been no product before which only supported a given version of a given game without any support for later updates.

no product has indefinite support. We are supporting the cdu since 2005. Thats 8 years allready.
driver updates came for winxp, vista and win7.
When the sdk for the NGX came out we had an external party look into a driver (at our costs), the keypad was working within a day, but it was impossible to send data to the lcd over usb. We jumped into realizing a driver, but the SDK inhibits us to finish this.

This has been reported to PMDG way back then and they promised to add this posibility in a future update of the SDK. See the links to their statements about this elswehere in this thread.

Hey, we want to write that driver. we would if the SDK would enable us, but it DOESNT!

For the last time: WITH THE PRESENT SDK WE CAN NOT OUTPUT DATA FOR THE LCD OVER USB !!

There is nothing we can do about that. So really, i dont know what you are expecting from us right now.
We would release a driver if we could but we dont have the tools for it, simply because they dont exist !

for me this case is closed until there is an updated SDK.

Citaat:
I will ask a consumer protection lawyer about it as I feel misled. I know that the current problem is not your fault but I would prefer clear up the question as I didn't buy an ice-cream. Confused

by all means, please do Confused
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Okt 11, 2013 9:03 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Cypress schreef:
Cypress schreef:
PMDG answer:

Steve,

An agreement with Engravity is uncertain right now but we have tried working with them with the SDK. Not sure yet if the SDK update will offer support for the Engravity units at this time.

Paul Gollnick
Technical Support

PMDG Simulations, LLC

here is their earlier statement about this:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/374499-input-to-sdk-enhancement/?&hl=engravity

it literaly says ( by a PMDG support staff member):

Citaat:
I have very good news for you guys - we've added CDU read/entry/display stuff to the SDK - it'll be in the next release whenever that is.

If PMDG have reviewed this statement that they made as early as may 2012, its is PMDG you should adress, not us.
Without the SDK outputting the screen data over USB, no driver. Impossible without this sdk functionality. We can not do magic.
Mark Howarth

au.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Jan 08, 2014 7:24 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Am I to assume that we are still waiting on PMDG (since may 2012) to release the updated SDK?
Terug naar boven
KingCat
Flight Lieutenant

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Mrt 11, 2015 2:43 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Now that PMDG has released service pack 1d for the NGX, I was wondering if it's finally possible to use the FlyEngravity CDU with the PMDG737NGX?

Jon
Cypress

hu.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Mrt 11, 2015 3:03 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

KingCat schreef:
Now that PMDG has released service pack 1d for the NGX, I was wondering if it's finally possible to use the FlyEngravity CDU with the PMDG737NGX?

Jon

The question is very good. We wait the answer... Embarassed
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Mrt 11, 2015 10:31 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

servicepack 1d adds fsx steam edition functionality, some bug fixes and weather radar functionality, however the changes are to the ngx base installer.

What we need is an updated sdk. No changes there afaik.

To be honest i have given up hope.

We have discontinued the usb cdu and we will go a different route to add ngx compatibility on the soon to release new cdu.
KingCat
Flight Lieutenant

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Mrt 12, 2015 9:20 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

I can't blame you guys, because if we have to wait for PMDG, it will probably take another 5 years and 100 excuses.

It's great news to hear about a new CDU coming up. Will probably connect via WiFi? Right now I'm using a CDU iPad-app with the NGX that also works via WiFi.

Jon
smunn

gb.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Mrt 19, 2015 11:56 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

The latest NGX (SP1D) does have an updated SDK. It now provides a way to access the screen data as well as supporting key presses etc.

It should now be possible to build a driver. Can you let me know if you will be doing this because if not, I will develop one and sell it.

Best wishes
Steve
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht Website bekijken
Dark Angel

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Mrt 20, 2015 7:14 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Engravity_Support schreef:
servicepack 1d adds fsx steam edition functionality, some bug fixes and weather radar functionality, however the changes are to the ngx base installer.

What we need is an updated sdk. No changes there afaik.

To be honest i have given up hope.

We have discontinued the usb cdu and we will go a different route to add ngx compatibility on the soon to release new cdu.

SDK has updated parameters for cdu lines. (it's already working)
Communication with the CDU is serial, so the driver update could be easy if the protocol for controlling the lines is available.
Terug naar boven
Mark Howarth

au.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Mei 18, 2015 11:12 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Any update given that the updated SDK has been released?

Regards
Mark
Terug naar boven
smunn

gb.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Jun 25, 2015 8:01 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Hi Everyone,

I have built an interface for the Engravity CDU and the PMDG NGX (latest version). You can get it at my website http://www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk/

Best wishes
Steve
Terug naar boven
KingCat
Flight Lieutenant

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Jul 02, 2015 11:24 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

I don't believe you are allowed to charge money for a driver interface for the PMDG NGX. If I recall correctly, I've read something about this on their forum. I'll check it to make sure.

Jon
smunn

gb.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Jul 02, 2015 1:05 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

KingCat schreef:
I don't believe you are allowed to charge money for a driver interface for the PMDG NGX. If I recall correctly, I've read something about this on their forum. I'll check it to make sure.

Jon

Hi Jon,

I am perfectly entitled to charge for it. There are no such restrictions in the NGX SDK EULA which does not differentiate between hardware and software use of the SDK.

Best wishes
Steve
Terug naar boven
JeanMi

be.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Jul 02, 2015 7:36 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

May be or not? I dont take time to find answer...

Just... I've material... Have payd for this material...

And Iwait to use...

Must I Pay a new time? Why not... NOOOO

Then I create just interuptors for light (You must pay) and... Yes continue to pay...

Sorry but... We need the possibility to use our material... We've payd this... Make your job...
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> CDU/FMS Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Ga naar pagina Vorige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Volgende
Pagina 6 van 7

Ga naar: