FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   RegistrerenRegistreren 

EFISPRO is not recognized

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> builders forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
andreotti60
Flight Lieutenant

BerichtGeplaatst: Zo Nov 14, 2010 5:17 am    Onderwerp: EFISPRO is not recognized Reageren met citaat

I finally got the MCP-PRO to work. I connected the MCP and the EFISPRO. The EFIS is not recognized and will not work. I read and re-read the instructions of both the MCP and EFIS. The EFIS is supposed to work just by being connected to the MCP by the five-pin cable provided.

Any ideas as to what might be be the cause?

Thanks.

Gianluca
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Zo Nov 14, 2010 3:31 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

is the efis recognized by the cpflight testprogram ?
andreotti60
Flight Lieutenant

BerichtGeplaatst: Zo Nov 14, 2010 8:18 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

I would love to run the test program. I downloaded it from the CPFlight web site. But it will not install on my computer where the MCP is connected. I run Windows 7 (64), with Project Magenta (GC, MCP, CDU).

Is there a way to check the INI file in the MCP program to see if the EFIS737PRO has been recognized?

Do you have any suggestions as to why the test program is not installing?

Thanks. Gianluca
Terug naar boven
andreotti60
Flight Lieutenant

BerichtGeplaatst: Zo Nov 14, 2010 8:54 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

By the way, FSX is not installed on this computer. Could this be the reason why CPFlight test program won't install???

So that you know, I have tried to install the program using compatibility mode (Vista and XP). It simply won't instal on this computer. I was able to instal it on a different computer (where FSX is located) but that does me no good because the MCP and EFIS are connected to a different computer.

Any ideas?
Terug naar boven
andreotti60
Flight Lieutenant

BerichtGeplaatst: Zo Nov 14, 2010 11:00 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Friday and Saturday I did some test flights with the MCP running on Project Magenta. THE EFIS737PRO never worked. Today, Sunday, the MCP stopped working all together and no amount of rebooting, plugging and unplugging the USB cable will make it work again.

I am running the latest version of the firmware, and the latest version of Project Magenta (480).

I cannot run and install the CPFlight on the computer. After downloading the test software it won't install. I'm running Win 7 (64). I have installed the test software successfully on another computer, that has FSX on it. The computer that runs PM/MCP and CDU does nor have FSX on it.

What is happening?????

Same thing with the CDU. It worked fine last night and then suddenly this morning (without me doing anything to the software or hardware), after seemingly booting up and going through its routine (and finding the correct port number), it shows the first INIT page and then the screen goes to black, on both the PM software and the hard ware.

What is going on?

Gianluca
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Nov 15, 2010 10:22 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

are the mcp and the cdu on the same computer ?

both use a virtual comm port.

are the comm port assigned correctly ?

sometimes computer reassign comports after a reboot. (i.e. the mcp and cdu get a different commport after the reboot).

Are the commports in mcp.ini and cdu.ini assigned correctly ? ie to the mcp and cdu ?
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Nov 15, 2010 10:24 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

what version of the ftd driver are you running for the mcp

and what version of the cp210x driver for the cdu ?
andreotti60
Flight Lieutenant

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Nov 15, 2010 11:22 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

are the mcp and the cdu on the same computer ? YES

both use a virtual comm port. YES (MCP=3, CDU=4)

are the comm port assigned correctly ? YES, I UPDATED THE RESPECTIVE INI FILES WHERE APPROPRIATE. THE CDU ACTUALLY CONFIRMS AT INITIALIZATION THAT THE HARDWARE IS RECOGNIZED.

Are the commports in mcp.ini and cdu.ini assigned correctly ? ie to the mcp and cdu ? YES

what version of the ftd driver are you running for the mcp THE LATEST AVAILABLE, I JUST DOWNLOADED IT FROM THE INTERNET ON SATURDAY.

and what version of the cp210x driver for the cdu ? LATEST (2101). I ALSO DOWNLOADED IT ON SATURDAY.

Sorry for the capital letters. I'm not screaming. I just wanted to differenciate my responses from your questions. Wink
Terug naar boven
andreotti60
Flight Lieutenant

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Nov 17, 2010 4:48 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Just wanted to let you know that I seem to have fixed the issues I was experiencing by running the MCP software and connecting the MCP to a different computer and initiating a different boot up sequence.

I also was updating the MCP.ini file WHILE the program was running. This is why, the CPFlightComm valute would not register and would get changed.

Anyway, thanks for getting back to me.

Gianluca
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Nov 18, 2010 10:27 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Thanks for the update Gianluca.
ct_t

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Nov 22, 2010 11:32 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

andreotti60 schreef:

I cannot run and install the CPFlight on the computer. After downloading the test software it won't install. I'm running Win 7 (64). I have installed the test software successfully on another computer, that has FSX on it. The computer that runs PM/MCP and CDU does nor have FSX on it.
Gianluca

I had the same problem with the MIP-Board. Try to download the latest driver and test suite for FS9. The Setup for FSX check some dlls during installation. If FSX can not be found on the system the setup is aborted. The setup for FS9 don't search for these dll's but uses the same driver as the FSX setup.

Greetings
Tom
Terug naar boven
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> builders forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: