FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   RegistrerenRegistreren 

Six Packs problem

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Electronics
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
captdave

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Mrt 23, 2012 12:13 am    Onderwerp: Six Packs problem Reageren met citaat

Hello,

i connected my Six Packs to the CP-Flight MIP Board.
When i test the Six Packs with the Test Software from CP-Flight, all 6 lights on one side for example Capt are illuminating. But when i switch on the master caution and fire warning and also the six pack on the FO Side, 3 lights from the six packs are turning off on both sides.FO and Capt.

When i disengage the FO sidem the three lights that were off, are illuminate but not so strong as the other lights.

When i'm turning off master caution and fire warning light, all 6 lights are now turns on normal.

i take a look at the PCB and saw that the light which turn off are double LED's.
It seams so that the MIP-Board can't manage the required power for the double LED's because they are mounted in cascade not parallel.

How can i solve that problem?
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
captdave

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Mrt 23, 2012 5:12 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

do anybody have an idea?
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Za Mrt 24, 2012 9:35 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Does this occur in normal operation ? Or only when lighting all annunciators in a lights test ?
ct_t

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Mrt 26, 2012 10:11 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Same problem here. After activation of all 12 warnings on the sixpacks (NOT Light test), 3 warnings on the F/O dimmed off. Only the warnings are affected, which are backlighted with paired leds.

I was in contact directly with Robert for the last 6 months and found some differences in the pcb layout between the my captain sixpack PCB and the F/O PCB. Get some samples to test but all had the same pcb layout as the wrong working F/O PCB.

I think the problem is caused by the serial connection of the paired leds directly on the pcb. Using a parallel connection of the paired leds as on my captain sixpack PCB should solve the problem in my opinion.

Maybe this information can help you Dave,

Regards
Tom
Terug naar boven
captdave

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Mrt 27, 2012 12:30 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

The problem apears when i activate all 12 warnings,too.

Also when i use light test.

I checked my layout and i see that the double led are soldered in serial. it's the same situation as tom have.

but i have the problem with both side, Capt and FO.
Terug naar boven
captdave

BerichtGeplaatst: Za Mrt 31, 2012 5:56 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

how can we solve that problem?
Terug naar boven
ct_t

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Apr 11, 2012 9:27 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

After 1 week without respond: Any news on this issue?
Terug naar boven
Engravity_Support
Site Admin

nl.gif

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Apr 11, 2012 8:34 pm    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

im afraid nog much can be done to this. Its not an issue of the sixpack. the dual leds are in series and the MIP737 board simply can not feed enough power when ALL 12 warnings are turned on.
(ie in a lights test).

In normal use however this shouldnt be a problem as not all warnings are lit up at the same time. (at least it is not in my setup, i only see this when all warnings are lit).
ct_t

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Apr 12, 2012 9:08 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Thanks for your feedback.

I think it is an issue of the sixpack because on the website and the product discription the compatibility to the MIP BOARD of CPFLIGHT is mainly stated. In my opinion this include all function (also the Light Test function with all Leds illuminated). Additionally the MIP BOARD is primary supported. So it cant be a problem in general.

The other point is that i have 2 (TWO) different PCB layouts of the sixpacks. On 1 the dual leds are connected in serial connection (work incorrect). On the 2 pcb the dual leds are connected parallel (work correct).

So the only thing I (and i think David too) want is the have pcbs with dual leds in parallel connection. I dont understand we this should not be possible.

I dont think that we (David and Me) are the only users with th MIP BOARD from CPFlight and the sixpacks form FLYENGRAVITY. So what is different between our setup and the other users?

Awaiting your feedback.
Terug naar boven
ct_t

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Apr 20, 2012 9:50 am    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

Yesterday I changed the connection of the Dualleds from serial connection to parallel connection by welding.

Here you find the results of my investigation and some picture:

http://forum.flightm.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=437141#post437141

Conclusion: it works!

Unfortunately I had to solve my problem for myself.
Terug naar boven
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    flyengravity.com - build your own jetliner Forumindex -> Electronics Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: